Pyatt spoke of the immutability of the US position towards support to the Ukrainian army
The US position in providing support to US armed forces remains unchanged
Geoffrey Pyatt, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States Ambassador to Ukraine, confirmed the US immutable position towards support to the Ukrainian army at the meeting with the Minister of Defense of Ukraine Stepan Poltorak. This was reported by the Office of Communications and Press of the Ministry of Defence.
Pyatt, in connection with completion of his diplomatic mission in Ukraine, said that it was an honor for him to work here.
"I leave this post with a sincere belief that Ukraine will continue to pursue reforms. The US government and the Ministry of Defence led by the Minister have a consistent position - to continue supporting Ukraine and its Armed Forces,"- he said.
In his turn, the Ukrainian Defense Minister thanked the Ambassador for his invaluable contribution to the development of relations between the two countries.
"Personally I regret that your office comes to an end. You were with us at the most important and the most difficult times in the history of Ukraine's independence. Thanks to your persistence and professionalism we were able to build a constructive dialogue, and assistance from the United States was the biggest help Ukraine had ever obtained," - said Poltorak.
He also expressed his gratitude on behalf of the officers and men to the government and US citizens for their massive support.
In gratitude Poltorak awarded Pyatt with an award pin of the Ministry of Defence "Badge of Honour".
As we reported earlier, the United States Senate approved diplomat MarieYovanovitch to be the next ambassador to Ukraine in July. Acting US Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt was approved as the US Ambassador to Greece.
Pentagon spots unsuccessful launch of North Korea ballistic missile 16 October, 13:07
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case