Pyatt remarked positive changes in Ukraine
"The progress of the last two years shows that Ukraine is changing"
“The most fitting memorial to the Heavenly Hundred is a Ukraine genuinely rid of corruption, cronyism, and kleptocracy”, - stated U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt in U.S. Embassy Kyiv blog.
Also he noted that Ukrainian leaders started to implement complex political and economic reforms with support of the civil society. Conflict in the East, artificially created by Kremlin, as well as the poor economy inherited from the Yanukovych presidency are hindering these initiatives but “making all that has been accomplished in past two years even more inspiring.” Now change is happening, and progress in reforming various fields is being made.
Earlier U.S. Ambassador said that in 2016 USA will help Ukraine reach NATO standards
According to his words, Ukraine has held successful presidential, parliamentary, and local elections according to international standards, followed the requirements of the IMF program, stabilized its currency and restructured its reserves.
The U.S. Ambassador noted some succesfull achievements especially the implementation of new national police which “enjoys the most valuable asset of all, the public’s trust”.
Mr. Pyatt is sure that more changes should be introduced, particularly in the area of corruption where so much damage has been done, but the progress of the last two years shows that Ukraine is changing. He urged all Ukrainians to answer the call of history and to help build a united, democratic Ukraine.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas