Pyatt: "Hard times of Donbas conflict are already gone"
Holding local elections is important component of Donbas integration into Ukrainian statehood
The hard times of the Donbas conflict are already gone. This was stated by the US Ambassador to Ukraine, Geoffrey Pyatt during a meeting with students of Mariupol State University.
"We are fully aware, what huge issues Ukraine had to go through during two years of Russian aggression. On the other hand, we still think that you have already passed the difficult times of conflict. And now begin to build that true European democracy, which have been the purpose of Ukraine for the past 25 years ", - Pyatt said.
Speaking of the occupied Donbas integration Ukrainian statehood, the US diplomat said that the holding of local elections is an important component of this process, but only after conflict parties will fulfill all the provisions of the Minsk Agreement and, when Ukraine will restore the full control on the eastern border of the state.
Pentagon chief expresses need for nuclear weapons to deter Russia’s threat 27 September, 08:33
Poroshenko invites American companies to join National Investment Council 28 September, 19:33
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars