Putin: Russia-Turkey relations reach unprecedentedly high level
Erdogan reiterates relations between two countries move in positive direction
The meeting between the presidents of Russia and Turkey began on Tuesday in St. Petersburg, RBC agency reports.
"The relations between our countries reached an unprecedentedly high level", Vladimir Putin said, referring to Erdogan as ‘dear’.
Putin recalled that relations between Moscow and Ankara "sunk to a very low level and degraded" after the crash of the Russian Su-24 in November 2015, brought down by the Turkish military.
Russian President added that Erdogan's visit indicates that "we all want the dialogue, the resumption of relations between Turkey and Russia".
Putin also said that the leaders will talk today in a narrow and broad format to discuss trade and economic relations and the fight against terrorism.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels