Putin: Russia “in contact” with Ukraine regarding Savchenko’s release
The Russian leader says the Ukrainian side is well aware of the Kremlin’s position
Moscow keeps contact with the Ukrainian government concerning the fate of Ukrainian fighter pilot Nadiya Savchenko. Russian President Vladimir Putin said this while answering questions of reporters on April 14.
“Our partners know our position. Let’s not run before we can walk”, he said.
As is known, officer of Ukraine's Air Force Nadiya Savchenko was captured in Donbas in July 2014. Pro-Kremlin militants forcefully brought her to Russia, where she was charged with murder of two Russian TV reporters and illegal crossing of the Russian border. She was sentenced to 22 years of prison by Russian court.
The sentence issued to Savchenko came into force on April 5. Protesting against the injustice, she started another waterless hunger strike, which damaged her already weak health. According to her defense team, on April 14, Russian doctors examined her in pre-trial detention centre.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas