Putin and Erdogan to meet for the first time since November 2015
Syrian question to be the key issue during the talks between Putin and Erdogan
Russian President Vladimir Putin will host his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan in St. Petersburg today, on August 9. This is the first personal meeting of politicians after aggravation of relations between Moscow and Ankara and in the light of recent warming of relations between the two countries and after the military coup in Turkey.
Among the key topics of the talks will be the situation in Syria and the Kurdish question. Today, Moscow is interested in their "victorious accord" in Aleppo and Ankara - in defeating the separatist Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK). Recent signals from Syria imply that Putin and Erdogan have some idea how to find a new balance of interests here, according to www.gazeta.ru.
"This will be a historic visit, a new beginning. During the talks with my friend Vladimir, I believe a new page in bilateral relations will be opened. Our countries have a lot to do together", - Erdogan said in his interview with TASS.
At that the Turkish President also added that it is impossible to solve the Syrian problem without Russia's participation.
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas