Prosecution Office in Germany: No sufficient evidence in Azarov case
The case was initiated in 2012 but the investigating actions have come to nothing
For the two years of investigation, the Prosecutor’s Office of Germany has not succeeded in finding “sufficient evidence” in the money laundering case against Ukrainian businessman, being within former president of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych’s circle, Serhiy Kurchenko, Deutsche Welle reports.
“In the framework of international legal aid we have exchanged information with legal enforcement authorities of Ukraine, Austria, Switzerland and the Netherlands. However, this has not given specific results which would enable us to talk about sufficient evidence of the crime”, - investigator of the Prosecutor’s Office of Gera said, who is running Kurchenko’s case.
Interrogation of the key witness, CEPEK’s former senior executive Borys Tymonkin, came to nothing as well, and he is waiting for verdict of Germany on his extradition to Ukraine. He is charged with bank fraud for the benefit of Kurchenko.
We remind that Austrian authorities identified the beneficiary owners of LPG Trading as Kurchenko and Oleksii Azarov. In July 2014 they frozen the company's assets.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case