Prosecutor General’s Office: Case against Avakov will be dismissed
No confirmation of facts against the Interior Minister that were mentioned in MP’s letter to Prosecutor General’s Office
‘The facts mentioned in this letter were not confirmed; since it looks like defamation or some sort of political game, the respective case will be dismissed’. Larysa Sargan, press secretary of Prosecutor General’s Office (PGO), reported this in the commentary to 112 Ukraine TV channel.
According to her, Minister Arsen Avakov is not a convict in any of the PGO-led investigations.
Previously, Ukrainian MP and Head of the Centre for Vitaliy Shabunin previously reported that Arsen Avakov, the Interior Minister, deliberately kept silence when it came to conflict of interests during the Ministry-led investigation in the case of MP Ihor Kotvitsky. The lawmaker is charged with hiding USD 40 million in an offshore zone. Shabunin turned to Lutsenko, asking to initiate the proceeding based on this conflict of interests. MP Serhiy Leshchenko also claimed that Avakov is involved in this offshore scandal. The Minister denied these accusations.
Earlier, some Ukrainian MPs offered to fire Avakov due to incompetence after the scandal in Mykolaiv region.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars