Prosecutor General’s Office captures checkpoint and armory of Dnipro-1 regiment
PGO agents and fighters of Security Service task force nearly provoked an armed clash with regiment’s combat officers
Investigation officers of the Prosecutor General’s Office (PGO) and agents of the SBU (Ukraine’s Security Service) captured the checkpoint and armory of Dnipro-1 regiment. That almost provoked an armed clash with the regiment’s staff. Dnipro-1’s press service reported this at Facebook.
‘Members of the Prosecutor General’s Office started shameful actions against Dnipro-1 regiment. They searched its military base and started investigation against the unit, which currently serves in the combat area. Having used Alpha team of the SBU, investigation officers of the PGO captured the checkpoint and the armory; by doing so, they nearly provoked an armed clash between the regiment’s officers and members of Alpha unit’, reads the message.
Earlier today, the law enforcers discovered the record-large number of firearms, ammunition and explosives, stolen and taken away from the combat area. The weaponry was stashed at the base of Dnipro-1 regiment, the armed unit of the Interior Ministry, which takes active part in Donbas conflict.
Prosecutor General’s Office reported this on Wednesday, July 6.
The stash was confiscated. ‘The weapons, ammunition and explosives are officially considered discarded property, as they were used in fights with militants of terrorist organizations DPR and LPR’, the Prosecutor’s Office's press service reported.
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain