Prosecutor General Shokin to report back to the Parliament
Shokin to explain the reason of sensational arrest of candidate for Kyiv mayoral elections Korban
Prosecutor General of Ukraine Viktor Shokin and head of the Security Service Vasyl Hrytsak to come to the Parliament on Thursday, November 5th.
"As far as I understand, the security forces [Shokin and Hrytsak], to show up in the parliament on Thursday. I think it could be done earlier, despite the expectations and degree of dissatisfaction," said Ukrainian MP Viktoria Siumar.
November 2, about 10 PM, the windows of the office of the Prosecutor General were targeted. At the moment there was a meeting with his subordinates.
Earlier, the speaker of parliament Volodymyr Groisman urged the chairmen of the Security Service and the General Prosecutor of Ukraine to tell the MPs about the arrest the ex-deputy head of Dnipropetrovsk regional administration and member of "Ukrop" party Hennadiy Korban.
Korban, who earlier had been working as a deputy to billionaire Ihor Kolomoyskyi, ran for the Kyiv mayoral elections (from opposition "Ukrop" party). October 30, he has been arrested as part of a criminal investigation. According to the Prosecutor General’s Office and Security Service, arrest of Korban is connected with an operation against an organized crime group in Dnipropetrovsk.
Recalling, the U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Prosecutor Geoffrey R. Pyatt stated that General's Office of Ukraine should stop undermining reforms and protect corrupt prosecutors. He also added that the U.S. to support the establishment of an efficient and trustworthy Prosecutor's Office.
Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest 27 October, 13:30
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
New EU Ambassador to Ukraine Mingarelli urges to release Sushchenko 10 October, 18:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:42Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case