Promising NATO Summit kicks off today in Warsaw
Many people lay high hopes on Warsaw NATO Summit 2016, proceeding on July 8 – 9. Ukraine-NATO Commission session is scheduled on the second day of the Summit
It is the 27th meeting of leaders of the states and heads of governments at highest level – the members of North Atlantic Alliance and the 1st NATO Summit on the territory of Poland. According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Poland, Summit starts at 15:30 Kyiv time with the official welcoming speech by the Secretary General of NATO Jens Stoltenberg and the President of Poland Andrzej Duda. Then heads of 28 NATO states and governments and a non-member Montenegro, with its observer status, shall have a session of North Atlantic Council. Then leaders of member states and governments shall have a working dinner together with representatives of non-members states and organizations.
Summit shall continue its work on Saturday, July 9 with the session dedicated to Afghanistan involving the President and the head of the government of Afghanistan among others. The second NATO session shall involve Jordan, European Council and European Commission.
The Summit shall end with the session of Ukraine-NATO Commission involving Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko. The Secretary General shall have press-conferences after each session.
Apart from that there are working dinners set in the frameworks of Warsaw NATO summit for foreign and defense ministers.
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko intends to hold a meeting with US President Obama. Earlier Poroshenko stated that he plans to determine his next steps regarding “Normandy Four” in the course of the Summit.
The General Secretary Jens Stoltenberg assured earlier that alliance partners shall provide Ukraine with political and practical aid. Beyond that, Polish Defense MinisterAnthony Macherevich announced that defence forces will be formed during the Summit, which will make Russia “forget about threatening to Poland or other countries.”
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels