Project "The Wall": Metal net and trenches for 4 billion hryvnias
Ukrainian MP published photos of the defensive wall from Ukrainian-Russian border
Ukrainian MP Olena Sotnyk from Samopomich visited Ukrainian-Russian border in Kharkiv region, where a defensive wall in the framework of the project “Ukrainian Wall” is being built. Olga Sotnyk posted the photos on her Facebook page.
Judging by her photos, there is an ordinary metal net embedded 80 cm deep with a barbed wire on top. No antitank ditches can be seen. Currently 70 km of the border line are equipped with the fence, another 12 km are not.
“Great Wall of Ukraine” was declared as a defensive structure along the Russian border with trenches to create barriers for penetration of militants and military equipment, fortification structures for the physical protection of borders and hidden subtle obstacles.
The idea of so-called European wall appeared in 2014 on the tip of then Dnepropetrovsk governor Ihor Kolomoiskiy.
Previously press secretary of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine Oleh Slobodyan stated that the realization of the first stage of defensive structures on Ukrainian-Russian border is in its active phase, which is to be finished in 2016.
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain