Prime Minister of Japan called on Putin to put an end to dispute about Kuril Islands
Putin also said that "the problem should be solved"
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe called on Russian President Vladimir Putin to begin a new era in Japanese-Russian relations and put an end to the dispute over the Kuril Islands. These statement Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe announced on Saturday, 3 September, during a speech in the framework of the Eastern Economic Forum, reports Reuters.
"As a leader of Japan, I am convinced of the correctness of Japan's position, just like you, Vladimir, convinced of the correctness of the position of Russia. But if we continue in the same vein, we can conduct such a debate for decades. If you leave everything as is, without changes, neither I nor you will not be able to provide the best opportunities for future generations.
Vladimir, you and I are men of the same generation, let's be bold and take the responsibility. Let's overcome all difficulties and leave the next generation of people to a world in which our two countries will open their powerful potential. Let's put an end to this abnormal situation, which lasted 70 years, and together begin to build a new era in Japanese-Russian relations, which will last for the next 70 years, "- said Abe.
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars