Presidential elections started in Belarus
Four candidates claim to the highest office in the country
In Belarus, the polling stations have already opened for voting in the presidential elections, Belta. More than 6.1 thousand polling stations were opened in the country. They will work until 8 pm. Belarusian citizens living abroad will be able to vote at 49 sites, the agency reported.
The voting lists take in more than 6.9 million voters, including those outside of Belarus - more than 5.7 thousand people.
Candidates for the presidency are incumbent president Aleksandr Lukashenko, activist of the campaign "Tell the Truth!" Tatiana Karatkevich, Supreme Ataman of the NGO "Belarusian Cossacks" Nikolai Ulakhovich, and chairman of the Liberal Democratic Party of Belarus Sergei Gaydukevich.
36% of voters took part in preliminary voting, which took place from 6 to 10 of October.
112.international Exclusive: Georgian parliamentary elections comments 15 October, 19:30
Putin supports Vyacheslav Volodin as the parliamentary speaker 23 September, 16:17
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars