President Poroshenko to give a speech at UN General Assembly`s session
To the forthcoming session Petro Poroshenko expects to bring up to discussion the issue of Russian Federation`s deprivation of veto right in the UN Security Council
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko will deliver a speech at the General Assembly Hall on September 29 and hold a number of bilateral and multilateral meetings during his stay in New York. This was stated by the Permanent Mission of Ukraine to the United Nations, posted on its Facebook page.
"September 15 at 3 pm New York time will begin an opening ceremony of the 70th anniversary session of the UN General Assembly. This year's session will be significant and important for the Organization. Ahead - many important global forums and discussions on topical issues of the world politics agenda, including - international security, fight against terrorism, negative climate change negotiation, reform of the Security Council, analysis of state of human rights observance in the world and many other issues of particular interest and importance to the international community, " said in the message.
As noted, the Ukrainian delegation at the UN is ready to fruitful and productive work during this year's session.
"A key element of the national delegation`s work at the UN this year will be a significant event – election of Ukraine to non-permanent member of the UN Security Council for the period of 2016-2017 to be held in October this year,” the Permanent Mission of Ukraine to the United Nations states.
As was reported before, President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko at the forthcoming meeting of the UN General Assembly expects to start a discussion about deprivation of Russian Federation` right to veto in the Security Council.
Another Ukrainian scandal in Netherlands: Blackmail which didn't happen 24 October, 21:40
What to expect from Normandy Quartet meeting? 19 October, 17:59
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case