President of Estonia: Due to refugee crisis, Europe forgot about Ukraine
Toomas Hendrik Ilves sees the solution to the refugee problem in united actions of European countries as well as strong and unite NATO is an answer to Russian agression
President of Estonia Toomas Hendrik Ilves expressed concern that due to the current refugee crisis, in Europe forgot about the situation in Ukraine. He said that a year ago for Estonia some of the main concerns were events involving Crimea, Malaysian "Boeing" and armed conflict in Donbas. According to his words, as of this year the situation in Ukraine has changed slightly. "But the major part of Europe has forgotten about Ukraine, because Europe confronts a new crisis,” Estonian President claimed at the opening of autumn parliamentary session, Interfax.
“Now, an unprecedented wave of war refugees in our countries overhanges us, Europe. We see a new migration of peoples, similar to that last time seen one thousand and one and a half thousand years ago. Over the years we have been warned about that and today, I am afraid, it happened,” the President said.
He expressed opinion that solution to the current problem with refugees could be strong, unite and active Europe. “In just the same way as strong and unite NATO is an answer to aggressive Russia,” Ilves said.
NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe 27 October, 10:32
Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia 28 October, 12:48
Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report 28 October, 17:29
NATO is preparing for Russian military aggression 28 October, 11:09
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case