Premier offers to assign four international counselors to Ukrainian custom offices
Twinning programs will be implemented at these offices, Yatsenuyk said
Head of the Ukrainian government Arseniy Yatsenyuk asked the Parliament to assign 4 international counselors to custom offices across the country. He said this during his speech at the Parliament where he touched upon the activities of the government in various areas throughout the last year. His speech is broadcasted by 112 Ukraine TV channel.
“I’m asking to support the government’s initiative so that international advisors come to work at four custom offices and to implement new standards of management of custom offices. That means such offices will act under twinning program. And that means introduction of a new information product, a new IT system, and a new approach and attitude to entrepreneurs. In fact, we will use aid of Western companies that know how to implement respective standards and how to keep things in order at these four custom offices”, said the official.
Twinning is a kind of direct cooperation between authoritative bodies of EU country members and Ukraine. It includes exchange of progressive experience between the bodies in EU member states and their Ukrainian counterparts.
The government presents the report on its actions in 2015, while staying in rather critical conditions. Most recently, Minister of Trade and Economic Development Aivaras Abromavicius resigned, saying it was due to regular pressure on his team and unwillingness of some Ukrainian officials to continue with reforms in the country. The Minister’s step caused an avalanche of criticism against the government – both in Ukraine and abroad.
Yatseniuk says he will resign only if the Parliament claims the vote of censure to his government. Ukraine’s MPs are currently discussing the quality of work of Yatseniuk’s government, as well as pros and contras of saving it.
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas