Pre-term parliamentaty elections in Greece have started
Based on the results of the voting, the new government of the country is to be formed
On Sunday, September 20, Greece is holding the early parliamentary elections, in accordance with the results of which the new government will be formed, Greek reporter says.
The Greek Parliament has 300 seats. According to the law, the winning party gets an additional 50 seats. Therefore, it does not need more than 50% of the votes in order to win the elections. To enter parliament, parties must obtain at least 3% of the votes. 19 political parties and five coalitions expressed their intention to take part in elections.
Previously, at the end of August, the President of Greece Prokopis Pavlopoulos signed a decree to dissolve parliament and hold early elections on September 20 after the resignation of the Prime Minister of Greece Alexis Tsipras.
The main contenders at the current elections are opposition party SYRIZA and the "New Democracy", which is headed by former Defense Minister of Greece Evangelos Meimarakis.
According to opinion polls, SYRIZA and the New Democracy have about an equal chance to win an election, and either of the two can count on 28% of the vote.
Also, opinion polls show that far-right party Golden Dawn can get 6.5% of the votes, the party of Potami ("River") and the Communist Party of Greece - 5% of the vote each.
Reportedly, both SYRIZA and New Democracy are in favor of the implementation of the agreement reached with the creditors.
To the knowledge, on August 14, the Eurogroup, composed of the finance ministers from 19 European countries adopted an agreement on the program of support to Greece for the next three years. According to an arrangement, for three years Greece can get 86 billion euros. The first tranche to Greece amounts to 26 billion euros, 23 billion euro of which country will get immediately, and another 3 billion euros will be paid before the end of November.
Putin supports Vyacheslav Volodin as the parliamentary speaker 23 September, 16:17
112.international Exclusive: Georgian parliamentary elections comments 15 October, 19:30
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars