Poroshenko’s administration: Normandy Four could meet in Berlin
The idea to host the meeting there belongs to Angela Merkel
Leaders of France, Germany, Ukraine and Russia may meet in the German capital for another round of Normandy peace talks. The date of the meeting is yet to be agreed.
Kostyantyn Yeliseev, Deputy Head of the presidential administration, said this as quoted by presidential press service.
‘At least that’s what the German chancellor offered during one of the telephone conversations. That’s why we’re getting prepared’, Yeliseev said.
Previously, French President Francois Hollande reported that the meeting in the Normandy format would take place in the near time. Dmitry Peskov, the press secretary of Russian president Vladimir Putin, said that Russia has not yet defined whether it would participate in this summit. Putin called the Normandy format the only possible way to solve the conflict in Donbas.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case