Poroshenko: "You wouldn't have won the war without Ukrainians"
“At the cost of great sacrifice, each of you personally defended our people's right for life", - stated the President
On the Day of Remembrance and Reconciliation, and on the eve of the 71st anniversary of the victory in World War II, President Petro Poroshenko met with war veterans, participants of the Ukrainian liberation movement and the soldiers - participants of the antiterrorist operation, - reported the press service of the Ukrainian President.
The President congratulated those present with anniversary expressing gratitude to the older generation - the veterans of the Army. “At the cost of great sacrifice, each of you personally defended our people's right for life, brought the peace into our home, gave the peace to the people of Europe ", - said the president.
We recall, Ukrainians fought against the Nazis in the Red Army and Soviet partisan units, in Ukrainian Insurgent Army, in military compounds of the anti-Hitler coalition and European resistance movements. "How can you on the background of indisputable historical facts have the audacity to declare that Russia would have won the war without Ukraine? You would not have won the war without Ukrainians ", - the President said.
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas