Poroshenko visited the Holodomor Memorial in Washington, D.C.
All those who committed crimes against Ukrainian people should and will be punished, the President said
During his working visit to Washington, D.C, the Head of the Ukrainian state laid flowers to the Memorial of victims of Holodomor of 1932-1933 in Ukraine. He also met with representatives of the Ukrainian Diaspora. Presidential Press service reported this on March 31.
“This Memorial reminds us that crimes committed against the Ukrainian nation are recognized genocide; it always keeps these crimes in our hearts. We will never forgive the extermination of millions of Ukrainian patriots by the Kremlin. We will restore historical justice, and perpetrators of crimes will surely be punished”, Poroshenko said, referring to the crimes that took place during occupation of Crimea by Russia and the Kremlin-ignited war in eastern Ukraine.
According to the President, particular responsibility lies with those who illegally holds captive Ukrainian citizens – Nadiya Savchenko, Oleg Sentsov, Olexandr Kolchenko, Valentyn Vygovsky and other patriots of Ukraine.
Petro Poroshenko thanked everyone who has been searching and telling the truth about the horrifying crimes of the Soviet government, and those who contributed to erection of the Holodomor Memorial, the unique Ukrainian-American architecture project. “The memory of the Great Famine unites the civilized world and makes us stronger”, Poroshenko said.
As 112 International reported, the Ukrainian President is now on the working visit to the United States. He came to Washington D.C on the invitation of the U.S. President Barack Obama. The officials, in particular, will participate in the Nuclear Security Summit slated for March 31-April 1.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars