Poroshenko urges NATO to save Russia’s aggression in Ukraine issue on agenda
Ukraine’s President told Stoltenberg about conflict escalation in Donbas
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko had a telephone conversation with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg. The press service of the President’s Administration reports this.
"The Head of State informed Stoltenberg about the escalation of the situation in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions, as well as increased number of Russian provocations in the occupied Crimea and Donbas", reads the statement.
Petro Poroshenko urged to keep the issue of Russia's aggression against Ukraine on the agenda of the North Atlantic Alliance.
Jens Stoltenberg stressed the importance of full implementation of the Minsk agreements.
The sides discussed the implementation of "a comprehensive package of assistance of NATO for Ukraine", adopted at the NATO Summit in Warsaw. The President expressed the hope this package will help to modernize the Ukrainian army to NATO standards.
In addition, Stoltenberg congratulated Poroshenko on the Independence Day.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars