Poroshenko: Ukraine, Israel mark 25th anniversary of establishing diplomatic contacts
Leaders of two countries gave press briefing in Kyiv on Tuesday
‘Our meeting takes place in 2016, which is very special year for Ukraine-Israeli relations. This year, we mark the 25th anniversary since the day the two countries set up diplomatic contacts. Over this period, we managed to develop truly friendly relatiosn between our states, our governments, the two presidents and the two nations’, President Petro Poroshenko said at the briefing broadcasted by 112 Ukraine TV channel.
The head of the Ukrainian state reminded that the nation and the country is currently marking the 75th anniversary of the Babi Yar tragedy. As 112 International reported, the key part of the solemn events will be held in Kyiv on September 29.
‘We are grateful for our Israeli partners who visit Kyiv these days along with other highly-ranked foreign delegations, so as to mark this anniversary of the tragic event in our common history. The very fact that we are hosing this large delegation from Israel shows respect for Ukraine and the Ukrainian people, to the events that took place here long time ago’, Poroshenko added.
Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo 26 October, 17:57
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case