Poroshenko to meet with Kerry on July 7
They may discuss reforms, Minsk Agreements, measures before NATO Summit
Ukraine's President Petro Poroshenko will hold a meeting with US Secretary General John Kerry, President's Administration press service reports.
After the meeting Kerry and Poroshenko are going to hold a briefing at about 12:50 pm for the press.
Kerry also plans to meet with Ukraine’s Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman and other Ukrainian officials.
They are to discuss Minsk agreements and the process of reforms' implementation.
The visit of US Secretary General to Ukraine will last only one day, and then he will go to NATO Summit in Warsaw with US President Barack Obama on July 8.
Ukraine's Ambassador to US Valeryi Chalyi supposed that the officials may discuss the actions before the NATO Summit.
The delegation also includes Victoria Nuland, the Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs. They are meeting with Ukraine’s leaders – the President Petro Poroshenko and the Prime-Minister Volodymyr Groysman, whom the Secretary of State is meeting for the first time.
Reforms and Minsk agreement implementation are to be discussed. Kyiv is the last Kerry’s destination before Warsaw, where NATO Summit is kicking off this Friday.
Kerry visited Tbilisi on Wednesday. He promised Georgia additional military aid and the possibility to purchase new American weapons.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas