Poroshenko to hold bilateral talks with Merkel
The Head of the Ukrainian state is on the working visit to Germany
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko left to Germany for the working visit, Presidential press service says. The official is expected to meet German Federal Chancellor Angela Merkel and hold bilateral talks with her.
So far, no information has been revealed on the topics of their negotiations. However, Ukraine’s MP Olexiy Ryabchyn surmised that the sides would discuss further implementation of key provisions of the Minsk deal in Ukraine, such as release of prisoners, full ceasefire and restoration of full control over the state border of Ukraine.
The Presidential press service said that the sides will make a joint statement for the press before the meeting, which is to begin at about 16.30 in Berlin.
Earlier, in January, Poroshenko held a telephone conversation with Merkel and French leader Francois Hollande. During it, President stressed that the ceasefire in Donbas should stay inviolable and added that OSCE SMM observers should be allowed to monitor objects of infrastructure in the occupied areas of Donbas and the rebel-held section of Ukraine-Russia state border.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars