Poroshenko: Russia – major threat to Ukraine
President spoke at the meeting of National Security and Defense Council
In historical perspective Russian remains Ukraine’s major enemy. Petro Poroshenko claimed this during his speech at the meeting of National Security and Defense Council, informed press secretary of the President, Svyatoslav Tsyholko, on his Twitter.
Russia is and will be the main threat to Ukraine”, - stated Poroshenko.
Earlier at a plenary meeting of interregional forum of Russian Public Movement “All-Russian People’s Front” Russian President Vladimir Putin said that handing over Donbas to Ukraine back in the USSR was sheer nonsense. Secretary of National Security and Defense Council, Oleksandr Turchynov, named this statement of Russian President an open aggression and an effort to justify military actions of the Russian Federation in eastern Ukraine.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels