Poroshenko: OSCE strongly supports sending armed police mission to Donbas
Western partners of Ukraine also advocate this idea
The OSCE and the Western partners of Ukraine increasingly support the idea of sending an armed police mission to the east of Ukraine, - said Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko after the celebrations on the occasion of the new patrol police launch in Kramatorsk, reports Ukrinform.
"Today, our main result is that that the OSCE, and our partners from Germany and France, and the vast majority of the OSCE member countries said (for example, yesterday's statement of the Minister of Defense of Turkey): we support the Ukraine’s position on the location of the armed police mission in order to ensure the ceasefire regime, safe storage of weapons, which is allocated according to the Minsk Agreement, and outputting it from the territory of Ukraine, in order to close the border, preventing intrusion of Russian military equipment, ammunition and personnel, and also to ensure the political processes of preparation, holding and transfer of power to the Ukrainians in the occupied Donbas, "- Poroshenko said.
In addition, Poroshenko does not exclude the possibility of holding local elections in the Donbas region in 2016, while ensuring the necessary conditions.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels