Poroshenko meets with Hillary Clinton
Poroshenko enlisted Clinton’s support on Ukraine's sovereignty and reforms
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko met with candidate for the US Presidency Hillary Clinton, the Press Secretary of the President Svyatoslav Tsegolko wrote on Twitter.
The meeting was held in New York, where the Ukrainian Head of State arrived for participation in the 71st UN General Assembly.
President Petro Poroshenko thanked the US presidential candidate Hillary Clinton for the support of the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine.
"This meeting is very important for me, I thank you for your clear position regarding support for Ukrainian sovereignty, territorial integrity and independence, as well as support for the reforms being implemented in the last two years", Poroshenko said at a meeting with Clinton in New York.
In turn, the US presidential candidate noted that she was interested to hear what reforms are carried out in Ukraine.
"This is a good opportunity to discuss the progress of Ukraine and the changes that take place in the conditions of the Russian aggression", Clinton said.
Earlier, the president met with Bill Clinton.
"The meeting with Bill Clinton was very warm and friendly”, wrote Tsegolko.
Дуже тепла, дружня зустріч з Біллом Клінтоном. pic.twitter.com/NHTh00vP7P— Svyatoslav Tsegolko (@STsegolko) 19 сентября 2016 г.
Recall that the 71st UN General Assembly session started in New York on Monday. Chairman of the General Assembly noted that the session should be to bring the organization to the implementation of 17 sustainable development goals of the United Nations projects to 2030. The annual general debate will begin on September 20 and will last until September 26.
New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed 21 October, 19:14
Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII 26 October, 10:44
Final Trump-Clinton debates - best quotes 20 October, 12:17
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case