Poroshenko meets with Erdogan in NY
Erdogan expressed support for Ukraine in occupied Crimea return issue
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko held talks with his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Interfax Ukraine reports.
The meeting was held on the margins of UN General Assembly in New York.
Turkey will continue to support Ukraine in the issue of the resumption of sovereignty and territorial integrity. This was stated by the President of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
He also stressed that the resumption of dialogue with Russia will not affect Turkey's position on non-recognition of the Crimea annexation and the condemnation of violations of the rights of Crimean Tatars.
The two leaders discussed the state of implementation of agreements reached during the fifth session of the Strategic Council of the high level between Ukraine and Turkey, in particular in the area of trade liberalization. The sides noted the intensity of the bilateral agenda and reaffirmed their desire to further deepening of the strategic partnership.
During the meeting, Poroshenko invited Turkish companies to take part in the privatization of Ukrainian enterprises.
Also, the sides agreed to create Ukrainian-Turkish working group on energy issues in the near future.
Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin, Deputy Head of Presidential Administration Kostyantyn Yeliseyev, MP from the Block Petro Poroshenko party, Representative of the President of Ukraine on the Crimean Tatar people Mustafa Cemil and Ukrainian Ambassador to the United States, Valeriy Chalyi also took part in the meeting.
Recall that Petro Poroshenko arrived on the 71st UN General Assembly on September 19. He already met with Ukrainian community in New York, and also paid a visit to Bill and Hillary Clinton.
Recall that the 71st UN General Assembly session started in New York on Monday. Chairman of the General Assembly noted that the session should be to bring the organization to the implementation of 17 sustainable development goals of the United Nations projects to 2030. The annual general debate will begin on September 20 and will last until September 26.
Source: Interfax Ukraine
Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo 26 October, 17:57
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case