Poroshenko meets parliamentary speakers of Baltic States and North Europe
Heads of parliaments are on the working visit in Ukraine
President Petro Poroshenko hosted the delegation of speakers of parliaments of Scandinavian countries, the Baltic States and Iceland. The officials are currently on the working visit to Ukraine, Presidential press service reports.
Poroshenko informed the guests on the situation in Donbas, stressing that Russia-backed militants and Russian troops continue to ignore their commitments in frameworks of Minsk deal, keeping on with chaotic attacks in eastern Ukraine. The Head of the state said it’s necessary to extend sanctions against Russia in this regard.
Besides, Poroshenko turned attention of the delegation to Ukrainian citizens detained in Russia for political reasons: Nadia Savchenko, Oleg Sentsov and others. The President stressed that Savchenko, Ukraine’s MP and PACE delegation member is groundlessly kept in Russian prison for a year and a half by now.
The sides also paid attention to de-occupation of Russian-annexed Crimea. Poroshenko provided numerous examples of violation of human rights at the peninsula and urged the delegation of speakers to keep this issue on their agenda.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo 26 October, 17:57
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case