Poroshenko meets Breedlove in Belgium, discusses NATO-Ukraine cooperation
The Ukrainian President is on a two-day visit to Belgium, negotiating with EU diplomats on visa-free regime and extension of sanctions against Russia
Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko met with NATO Supreme Allied Commander in Europe Phillip Breedlove. The meeting took place December 17, in the frameworks of Poroshenko’s two-day visit to Belgium, the presidential press service reported. During the visit, the Head of the Ukrainian state and EU leading officials discussed possible introduction of visa-free regime for Ukrainian citizens, as well as extension of sanctions against Russia.
For the first time since Ukraine’s independence in 1991, President of Ukraine visited the Staff of NATO Supreme Allied Commander in Europe and the Staff of NATO Special Forces.
Poroshenko informed Breedlove of the security situation in Donbas, the military threat from Russia and provocative actions performed by Kremlin-backed militants. The officials discussed Ukraine-NATO cooperation in the defense area - in particular, reforming Ukraine’s security and defense sector according to NATO standards, extending programs of joint military drills, strengthening Ukraine’s defense capabilities and improving combat efficiency of Ukrainian servicemen.
Breedlove praised the level of cooperation with Ukraine. He confirmed NATO’s readiness to provide assistance to Ukraine so that its Armed Forces meet the current national security challenges. He stressed on the importance of Russia’s full compliance with Minsk agreements.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars