Poroshenko: "It's necessary to continue and strengthen sanctions against Russia"
According to his words, domestic diplomacy is making every effort for continuation of sanctions
President Petro Poroshenko said that the domestic diplomacy is making every effort to continue the sectoral and economic sanctions against the Russian Federation, which were introduced in solidarity with Ukraine as part of the global pro-Ukrainian coalition by the European Union, USA, Canada, Australia, Japan and many other countries.
"From time to time in the European countries sound the voices of the alleged ineffectiveness of the sanctions. Well, perhaps they seem ineffective for someone, but it is necessary not to lift them off or mitigate, but rather to continue and strengthen them, "- said Poroshenko.
He also noted that is "confident of the correctness of Ukraine’s actions and of no alternative to the Minsk agreements." The evidence of this, according to the president, is the "peaceful sky over the vast majority of Ukrainian territories, the powerful global solidarity with Ukraine, the sanctions which were imposed for failure to comply with the Minsk agreements."
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case