Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting
The talks lasted about four hours
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko holds a speech on the results on the meeting of the Normandy Four leaders in the Embassy of Ukraine to Germany.
First of all Poroshenko said that Debaltsevo must become one of the four areas of disarmament in the near future.
Until the end of November the head of the Foreign Ministries of the Normandy Quartet should adopt a road map for the Donbas. Roadmap is a document on the implementation of the Minsk agreements, President said.
The date of the elections in the Donetsk and Luhansk were not discussed during negotiations in the Normandy format.
"No documents were signed during the meeting. We concentrated on the development of the road map", President said.
Germany, France and Russia supported the idea of placing the armed OSCE mission in Ukraine on the uncontrolled areas in the Donbas region, including the areas along the border with the Russian Federation.
During the negotiations in the Normandy format the parties also discussed the security issue of the elections in Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
According to Poroshenko, the parties discussed the so-called "Steinmeier formula", which involves criteria that will be determined the legitimacy of elections in some areas of the Donbas region.
President also said there is no alternative to the Normandy format.
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Normandy format participants take a break 20 October, 00:00
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain