Poroshenko held phone conversation with Merkel and Hollande
The negotiators discussed the implementation of ceasefire in Donbas, access for humanitarian organizations and OSCE monitors to the local infrastructure
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko held phone conversation with German Federal Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Francois Hollande. The presidential press service reported this on January 13.
During the negotiations, the President stressed that the ceasefire in Donbas should stay inviolable, and OSCE SMM observers should be allowed to monitor objects of infrastructure in the occupied areas of Donbas and the rebel-held section of Ukraine-Russia state border.
“The parties discussed further steps for implementation of Minsk agreements, specifically, opportunities for holding local elections in certain areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions according to the Ukrainian law, as well as restoration of Ukraine’s control over the state border”, the presidential press service reported.
Poroshenko also expressed his condolences to Merkel due to death of German citizens in the Istanbul tragedy. As is known, nine German tourists were killed by the explosion in the downtown Turkish capital on January 12.
The three leaders agreed to continue contacts the next week.
January 14, Poroshenko is to hold his first press conference in 2016, where he is expected to pay attention to peaceful solution of the Donbas conflict.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case