Poroshenko discusses economic cooperation with Belarus Foreign Minister
Two sides also stressed importance of developing Ukrainian-Belarusian border in accordance with best international standards
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko met with the Foreign Minister of Belarus Vladimir Makey. The sides discussed issues on the agenda of bilateral relations between Ukraine and Belarus. The press service of the Presidential Administration reports this.
"Special attention was paid to the economic cooperation between the two countries. The sides noted the expediency of intensification of trade and economic relations through the expansion of cooperation in mechanical engineering, energy, agriculture and the transport sectors. They also stressed the importance of holding the next meeting of the Intergovernmental Belarusian-Ukrainian mixed commission in September in Minsk", reads the statement.
The two sides also stressed the importance of completing the arrangement of the Ukrainian-Belarusian border in accordance with the best international standards.
During the meeting they also discussed the organization of joint cultural events to mark the 345 anniversary of the author of the first Constitution of Ukraine Hetman Orlyk, who was born in what is now the Minsk region.
Vladimir Makey also conveyed sincere greetings on behalf of President of Belarus on the 25th anniversary of Ukraine's independence.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars