Poroshenko disappointed with decision of French National Assembly against anti-Russian sanctions
Ukraine’s president meets Head of the Parliament’s lower house Claude Bartolone
According to the presidential press service, Poroshenko expressed his disappointment with the decision of the French National Assembly; it recommends lifting the sanctions off Russia. The head of the Ukrainian state said he hoped for further solidarity and unity of the European Union in terms of supporting Ukraine.
The two officials discussed wide range of issues regarding fighting corruption, reforming the Prosecutor General’s office, the judicial system and de-centralization of power in Ukraine. France has been providing expert assistance to Ukraine in these areas.
Poroshenko urged French MPs to pass the decision of introducing EU-Ukraine visa free regime in the near future.
Previously, on April 28, MPs of the lower house of the French Parliament approved the opposition-backed resolution urging the government to sabotage extension of EU sanctions against the Kremlin. 55 of the necessary 98 voted ‘yes’. The document is merely a recommendation and does not oblige the government to take any actions.
Poroshenko names main issues to be discussed at EU-Ukraine Summit 10 October, 14:20
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Tusk's visit to Ukraine kicks off today 28 September, 20:39
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars