Poroshenko calls for spread of OSCE SMM mandate to Crimea
President also stresses importance of resolute EU response to Russian provocation and artificial tension stoking
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko informed President of the European Council Donald Tusk of the cynical provocations of the Russian Federation in the occupied Crimea and the escalation of its aggressive actions in Donbas during a telephone conversation. They also discussed the process of implementation of the Minsk agreements, the press service of the Head of State reports.
Poroshenko stressed the need to strengthen the international presence in the Donbas region, in particular through the extension of the OSCE SMM, including in Crimea, and the deployment of armed OSCE police mission in the East of Ukraine.
The President also stressed the importance of a resolute EU response to Russian provocation and an artificial tension stoking.
"After the recent events in the Crimea there should be no illusions about the intentions of the Russian Federation and strengthening of sanctions. It is an effective mechanism of influence", Poroshenko said.
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
Poroshenko names main issues to be discussed at EU-Ukraine Summit 10 October, 14:20
Tusk's visit to Ukraine kicks off today 28 September, 20:39
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars