Poroshenko: Regaining control over state border is key issue of Minsk agreement implementation
He notes that elections in Donetsk and Lugansk regions could be held only after cease-fire and withdrawal of occupation forces
The issue of restoration of control over Ukrainian state border in Donbas is crucial for the implementation of the Minsk agreements, - stated the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko in his speech on the occasion of the Day of the border guard, which was broadcast by "112 Ukraine" TV Channel.
"The issue of border security and the restoration of Ukrainian control over the uncontrolled part of the Ukrainian-Russian border is key to the implementation of the Minsk agreements," - Poroshenko said.
Also, the president of Ukraine commented on the statement of his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin that the hostilities in the occupied part of Donbas will not stop until Ukrainians will made changes to the Constitution on the part of the decentralization for conducting elections in Donetsk and Lugansk regions. Petro Poroshenko noted that the elections will be held there only after a cease-fire and the withdrawal of the occupation forces.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas