Government anti-corruption actions unacceptable - Poroshenko
Ukrainian President gave examples of corrupt officials, who took up their positions again
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko sent a letter to the Prime Minister, the Attorney General and Director of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine, urged to take more effective anti-corruption measures, - reported the presidential press service.
Also Petro Poroshenko gave examples of corrupt officials, who took up their positions again. He consider that officials against whom there is reasonable suspicion of corruption, should be exempt from office or, at least, be suspended from official duties during the investigation and trial.
Earlier Transparency International rating named ex-President Yanukovych as top corruptionist.
“Top level chiefs as the Head of the State Employment Service Iaroslaw Kashuba and the Deputy Director of the state expertise Department Serhiy Holovaty were detained by the Security Service of Ukraine and the Prosecutor General of Ukraine for taking bribes. However, according to court decisions, detained officials are free and renewed in their positions,"- Poroshenko said.
Now Ukrainians are all tired of corruption, reported MFA of Lithuania.
Ukrainian President considers law enforcement and government inactivity in anti-corruption actions unacceptable.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo 26 October, 17:57
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case