Poroshenko, Biden discussed situation in Donbas
The officials agreed Russia should be kept under pressure
Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko and U.S. Vice President Joseph Biden held a phone conversation, presidential administration reported.
The Ukrainian leader informed Biden on the recent developments in Donbas; Poroshenko marked that Russia and Kremlin-backed fighters show no will to de-escalate tensions in eastern Ukraine.
The sides discussed further political and diplomatic steps to release Crimea from Russian occupation, negotiated over ways to extend political and economic pressure on Russia so that the Kremlin fulfills its commitments regarding the Minsk deal.
Biden and Poroshenko marked importance of continuing reforms in Ukraine, especially financial cooperation with the IMF.
Previously, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said the West might ultimately lift the sanctions on Russia, if the Kremlin implements the Minsk deal to the full extent.
Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo 26 October, 17:57
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case