Poroshenko awarded more than 200 ATO soldiers
220 ATO participants received high state awards from Ukrainian President
President Petro Poroshenko rewarded more than 200 soldiers, who displayed personal courage and high professionalism in protecting state sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine during Anti-Terrorist Operation.
The President signed a corresponding decree on July 20. This was reported by the press service of the head of state.
It is noted that the Order of Bohdan Khmelnitsky, 3rd class, was awarded to senior lieutenant Yuriy Nazaruk, who has been participating in the anti-terror operation on the territory of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions since March 2015. In June 2016 the personnel under the command of Nazaruk performed operations on detaining sabotage-reconnaissance groups of terrorists in the area of the village Vodyane. In the course of the operation 3 terrorists were killed and 8 were taken captive with weapons and personal documents.
Among those awarded with the Order for courage, 3rd class , soldier Ivan Tuteyko - gunner of the 59th mechanized brigade operational command "South" Ground Troops Ukrainan Armed Forces.
Another Order for Courage, 3rd class was awarded to trooper, soldier Anatoly Marcus who contributed to the evacuation of about 50 fighters from Donetsk airport.
Yuriy Karpov, a warrant officer of the 55th separate artillery brigade of "Vostok" operational command was also awarded with the Order for Courage, 3rd class for ensuring occupation of new positions and stopped invador's offensive actions.
He was blind shrapnel wounded to his left arm and right foot.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas