Poroshenko asked Ukrainian diaspora to support release of compatriots in Russia
The President met with delegation of the Ukrainian World Congress
According to Poroshenko’s press service, he praised the Congress for its active part in gaining the international support for Ukraine and raised issue of release of Nadiya Savchenko and her compatriots who are now illegally detained in Russia.
Earlier today, the President claimed that Kyiv, Washington and Brussels work on sanctions against Russian individuals involved in Nadiya Savchenko’s case.
The sides also discussed illegal annexation of Crimea by Russia. The Congress claimed it supports the Geneva Plus, a diplomatic mechanism to liberate Crimea from Russian occupation.
Poroshenko also invited the Congress’s representatives to join the celebration of the 25th anniversary of Ukraine’s independence and take part in the solemn events dedicated to the 75th anniversary of the Babi Yar tragedy.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars