Poroshenko arrives in New York to 71st UN General Assembly
Poroshenko came to US with his wife; President will deliver speech during general debate of the 71st UN General Assembly on Wednesday
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko arrived in New York to attend the high-level segment of the 71st session of the UN General Assembly. The Permanent Representative of Ukraine to the United Nations Volodymyr Yelchenko announced this on Twitter.
"The President of Ukraine and Mrs. Poroshenko arrived in New York for the UN General Assembly session", he wrote.
Президент України та пані Порошенко прибули до Нью-Йорку на сесію ГА ООН. Візит починається. pic.twitter.com/rvSo7b2TTy— Volodymyr Yelchenko (@YelchenkoUN) 18 сентября 2016 г.
Recall, the 71st UN General Assembly session started at the headquarters of the world body in New York on September 14. Chairman of the General Assembly noted that the session should bring the organization to the implementation of 17 sustainable development goals of the United Nations project to 2030. The annual general debate will begin on September 20 and will last until September 26.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars