Poroshenko and Putin need to hold talks on Donbas without intermediaries, - Kravchuk
I do criticize the Minsk agreements and believe that this is a dead-end road, - Leonid Kravchuk, first Ukrainian President
Minsk agreement just as they are as of February 2015 and its violating by Russia is a dead-end road, and therefore it is necessary to initiate bilateral negotiations with the Kremlin on the situation in Donbas.
This was said by the first president of Ukraine Leonid Kravchuk in his interview to one of the Ukrainian TV channels. "
"I do criticize the Minsk agreements and believe that this is a dead-end road. Minsk agreements have played their role, we have to admit this and to positively evaluate - they stopped a possible large-scale aggression and put Putin at the negotiating table. And he is maneuvering there in his own way, as he wants, but he is tied by this table - and this is a positive thing. However Minsk agreements are not able to solve the issues of Ukraine's territorial integrity, sovereignty, the return of Donbas and the Crimea,"- he said.
Kravchuk suggests that President Petro Poroshenko to hold talks with Russian leader Volodymyr Putin, without the participation of international mediators.
"It's hard for Putin and Poroshenko simply to sit down. Let's create a working group and take ten issues for consideration, and start considering them one by one. When people talk guns are silent. We must agree that this does not mean that the sanctions are lifted, since we start to agree,"- Leonid Kravchuk explained.
As it was reported earlier, Trilateral contact group with the participation of representatives of the so-called DNR and LNR expressed the need for a complete and permanent ceasefire in Donbas from September 1, 2016.
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars