Poroshenko and Obama discussed implementing Minsk agreement
Presidents also approached the issue of USD 1 billion loan guarantee and supporting reforms in Ukraine
The Presidents of Ukraine and the USA hold talks in New York on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly, according to Interfax.
"We had very important negotiations with the US leaders, we had a long talk with the US President Barack Obama, when we had an opportunity to discuss our next steps in implementing Minsk agreement and decisive steps in coordinating our efforts in creating the road map, implementing these agreements, prioritizing the security component of the Minsk agreement and the date of implementing the political part of the Minsk process,” – said Poroshenko.
Apart from that according to the President, they also discussed the issue of the US support of reforms in Ukraine, specifically, providing USD 1 billion loan guarantee for Ukraine.
“I consider, the loan guarantee to be allocated by the end of the year and they are transferred to the accounts of Ukrainian government,” – stated Poroshenko.
As it was reported, Poroshenko had a meeting with the Secretary General of NATO Jens Stoltenberg.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain