Poroshenko and Klimkin departed for US to participate in UN General Assembly session
In US they will raise questions of Crimea and liberation of Ukrainian political prisoners
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin left for the United States as part of the Ukrainian delegation headed by the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko to attend the high-level segment of the 71-th session of the UN General Assembly. This was reported in the press service of the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry.
"Participation of our delegation high-level events of UN General Assembly will be an opportunity to demonstrate active and consistent position of Ukraine on the protection of key, core values of the UN Charter, to provide comprehensive information on the situation that is happening in and around Ukraine, in particular with regard to the illegal annexation of Crimea and aggression by the Russian Federation side in eastern Ukraine", - said in a statement.
In particular, the Ukrainian head of state will deliver a speech during the general debate of the 71st session of the UN General Assembly, as well as take part in the Summit of the UN Security Council and the high-level meeting devoted to the problem of refugees and migrants.
During the UN General Assembly are planned some bilateral meetings of President of Ukraine with foreign leaders, such as Turkey, Japan, New Zealand, Argentina, Qatar and others.
Special attention during the visit will be paid to deepening the strategic partnership between Ukraine and the USA. In this context, Petro Poroshenko will meet with US leadership, representatives of the country's leading business and political science circles.
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain