Poroshenko and Juncker discussed Ukraine’s progress in implementation of anti-corruption reform
The officials talked about the implementation of the requirements on liberalization of visa regime between Ukraine and EU
'Petro Poroshenko, President of Ukraine, met with Jean-Claude Juncker, President of European Commission. The officials discussed the criteria for visa-free regime with EU', - reported the press service of the President.
The leaders confirmed the invariability of the agreement on creation the deep free trade zone between Ukraine and EU on January 1, 2016, and coordinated the positions on the eve of the final round of ministerial trilateral consultations Ukraine-EC-Russia, on the implementation of free trade zone, which will be held December 1 in Brussels.
Petro Poroshenko and Jean-Claude Juncker also discussed the ways of strengthening the energy security of Ukraine.
About 150 world leaders gathered in the French capital in order to develop a common strategy against global warming. The leaders will also discuss the new agreement in place of the Kyoto Protocol. Petro Poroshenko also took part in the conference.
Earlier, EU delegation in Ukraine called on Ukrainian government for taking the urgent measures 'in order to react to founded fear of civil society and experts on the creation of the tender committee for the selection of anti-corruption prosecutor'.
Later Poroshenko said that the composition of the tendering committee for the election of staff to Special anti-corruption prosecutor's office was updated after criticizm from the EU.
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Poroshenko names main issues to be discussed at EU-Ukraine Summit 10 October, 14:20
Tusk's visit to Ukraine kicks off today 28 September, 20:39
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars