Poroshenko and Biden discussed anti-corruption laws
Both sides also coordinated their positions regarding the pressure on Russia continuation to fulfill its Minsk agreements
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko and US Vice President Joseph Biden noted the importance of passing the anti-corruption laws by Ukrainian Parliament. This was discussed during their telephone conversation, the presidential press service reported.
Earlier Poroshenko named Government anti-corruption actions unacceptable
The sides noted that these laws would contribute to the reforming process continuation, cooperation with the International Monetary Fund development and the visa-free regime introduction.
Poroshenko and Biden also coordinated their positions regarding the pressure on Russia continuation to fulfill its Minsk agreements.
Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk assured that the Ukrainian parliament will pass these laws, as society requires it.
First Verkhovna Rada vice-speaker Andriy Parubiy does not exclude that the members of Ukrainian Parliament will vote these laws already on Tuesday, 16 February.
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars