Poltorak: U.S. might soon send Ukraine anti-aircraft defense, anti-tank weaponry
These are the most necessary protective means, - Defense Minister
The United States could send Ukraine anti-aircraft defense facility and anti-tank weaponry in the near future. Ukraine’s Defense Minister Stepan Poltorak said this in an interview with Channel 24.
‘We’ll be asking for AA defense and the anti-tank weapons, which is what we need above all’, Poltorak said. He added he was not sure when actually the U.S. government could make such decision.
On September 22, the lower chamber of U.S. Congress voted for bill H.R. 5094 ‘On Supporting Stability and Democracy in Ukraine’. Under the bill, the U.S. authorities could offer Ukraine lethal weapons that the country has been asking from the international partners since spring 2014; back then, Russia annexed Crimea and launched the military aggression in Donbas.
Source: Channel 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case