Poltorak: Ukraine aims to become major non-NATO ally of the U.S.
Defense Minister said this in interview with Livy Bereg newspaper
The Ukrainian government is now working hard to obtain the status of the key ally of the United States, while staying outside NATO. Stepan Poltorak, Ukraine’s defense minister said this in an interview with Livy Bereg newspaper.
‘In 2015, we approved the military doctrine that puts very clear tasks. The first one is the European path of Ukraine. The second is joining the NATO, and that’s what we’re working on now. As of the status of special partner of the United States – the President charged us to work in this direction. We should prove our colleagues including those in the Alliance that we have clear vision of how the reforms in the Armed Forces and the Defense Ministry will be taking place, since these reforms are inevitable’, Poltorak said.
He expressed confidence that Ukraine has significant chances to get the status of the U.S. major ally.
Poltorak also commented on the issue of lethal weaponry supplies from the USA. ‘We will only get these weapons when the ultimate decision is made, when all conditions are met. On the U.S. know when that happens’, he said.
Source: Livy Bereg
Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine 23 October, 18:06
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars